Quick – don’t look at the title again… do you know what these are?
Or maybe this view will help?
These bars are are some of my very favorite. They come out around Christmas, yes, but also when we’re just in need of a treat to bring to a pot-luck or just to have. I’m pretty sure all recipes are really the same, but my Aunt gave me her’s as part of a housewarming gift last month. I made them the other day… and lets just say that the whole pan is almost gone (new rule… don’t make them if you don’t have an event to take at least half the pan to!)
Chocolate Scotcharoo’s (or just scotcharoo’s) :]
What to gather:
1 c light corn syrup
1 c sugar
1 c peanut butter
6 c Rice Krispies
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
6 oz butterscotch chips
What to do:
1. Combine corn syrup and sugar in a large pan, and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
2. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, mix well, then add Rice Krispies and stir until well blended.
3. Press mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish coated with cooking spray, set aside.
4. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips over low heat in a small pan, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over Rice Krispie Mixture.
5. Let stand until firm and then cut into squares… or you know… cut into two large pieces and just start eating.